Ashfords has considerable experience of acting in respect of professional negligence claims and has acted on claims involving alleged negligence by, amongst other professions, surveyors, solicitors, accountants and tax advisers. Our clients range from individuals and companies to major banks.
We will pursue your claim rigorously but also have a practical approach and, where appropriate, we will use alternative dispute resolution (ADR) to try to achieve a satisfactory outcome. In particular, we have substantial experience of mediation.
We are willing, in appropriate cases, to act on the basis of a Conditional Fee (“no win no fee”) or partial Conditional Fee arrangement.
Work handled includes:
Professional negligence claims involving:
- Accountants; and
- Tax advisers.
Recent work undertaken includes:
- Pursuing a claim against a Firm of solicitors for missing a limitation deadline, and achieving a satisfactory settlement of that claim;
- Acting for a client regarding advice received from their accountants concerning an application for a substantial tax rebate;
- Acting for a high street bank on surveyors negligence claims;
- Defending a law Firm against negligence claims;
- Advising a client on a claim against solicitors, regarding advice as to security supporting a loan and the effectiveness of that security;
- Acting for a client whose former solicitors had failed to advise regarding the Financial Assistance implications of a share sale, and achieving a satisfactory settlement of that claim before trial; and
- Resolving through mediation a multi-million pound claim for professional negligence against solicitors, arising from a compulsory purchase compensation claim.