Venture Capital and Private Equity
Ashfords' Private Equity Team advises venture capital and private equity investment funds, management teams and growing businesses on all aspects of financing strategy, fund raising and investment. Our experience makes us the ideal partner for your business - whether you are a fund seeking to invest or a company seeking investment, we have the depth of knowledge to make the process straightforward and successful.
Ashfords' Private Equity Team is one of the most active advisers in the UK, completing over 60 deals in the 2011/2012 financial year.
Our team advises private investors, funds, banks, management teams, corporate and high growth businesses on a full range of private equity transactions and related work, including cross-border elements.
Our experience and client base ensures that we remain at the forefront of issues affecting the industry, allowing us to bring direct, hands-on expertise to transactions. Our style is very much pragmatic, no nonsense, solution driven commercial advice.
Work handled includes:
- Advising on pre and post investment structuring;
- Advising on all forms of investment documents including Investment Agreements, debt instruments and constitutional documents;
- Advising on refinancing rounds and restructuring; and
- Advising on Management Buy Outs, Management Buy Ins and other management-related transactions.
- Advising Eden Ventures on the sale of online music provider We7 to Tesco;
- Advising the management team of recruitment company TJC on an investment from James Caan's Hamilton Bradshaw fund;
- Advising Ombu Group on its investment in Bluewater Bio, a global waste water treatment company;
- Advising Notion Capital on its investment in Tradeshift, an international e-invoicing supplier backed by PayPal;
- Advising Nordic Venture Partners on the sale of video-on-demand service Blinkbox Limited to Tesco;
- Advising Naxos Capital on its investment in P2i Limited, the world leader in liquid repellant nano-coating technology;
- Advising energy management company Navetas on an investment from Sensus, a global leader in utility infrastructure;
- Advising Tamares Capital on its investment in YooMoo, a frozen yoghurt manufacturer; and
- Advising Nauta Capital on its syndicated investment in Basekit, a web design software developer.
- Eden Ventures;
- India Value Fund;
- Naxos Capital;
- Nordic Venture Partners;
- South West Ventures Fund;
- YFM Equity Partners;
- Swarraton Partners;
- Xange Private Equity;
- Ombu Group;
- Notion Capital;
- Grove Capital;
- Tamares Capital;
- Nauta Capital; and
- Pentech Ventures.
T: +44 (0)117 3218063
F: +44 (0)117 3218013