Stuart is a partner in the Corporate Team.
He is an experienced transactional lawyer, advising on both public and private company mergers and acquisitions across a wide range of industries. He also advises trading and investment companies and investment banks and brokers on IPO's and secondary fundraisings on AIM and the Official List.
Stuart has experience of advising clients in the defence and aerospace sector, financial services and food service industries both in the UK and overseas. His clients have included international groups as well as growth companies and start-ups.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Stuart was a partner in the London office of a US law firm where he worked on a range of cross-border transactions for international clients.
- Advising the founder shareholders on the implementation of the investment in Hastings Insurance Group by the Goldman Sachs Group.
- Advising on an AIM start-up to acquire the master franchise for Domino's Pizza in Poland, including subsequent fundraisings on AIM.
- Advising Meinl Airports International Limited, a Jersey closed ended fund, in connection with a proposed restructuring and a requisitioned meeting of shareholders.
- Advising AIM listed coffeeheaven international plc in connection with the public offer by Costa Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Whitbread plc).
- Advising the broker/financial adviser in connection with the placing and admission to AIM of Trafalgar New Homes plc.
- Advising the nominated adviser and broker in relation to the demerger of Greka Drilling Ltd from Green Dragon Gas Ltd and its admission to AIM.
- Advising the selling shareholders on the disposal of Activaero GmbH to Vectura Group plc.