Stephen is a Legal Director in the Commercial Litigation Team.
He has dealt with a wide range of civil litigation matters over the past 28 years. He advises private individuals, sole traders and small/medium enterprises in relation to civil litigation matters including misrepresentation/ estoppel, breach of contract, defamation, debt recovery, professional negligence and high value personal injury cases.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Stephen worked for the TSB Group specialising in lease finance for national car dealerships and big ticket items such as aircraft.
Stephen has been described by the Legal 500 as reliable and providing a high quality service and excellent value for money.
- Acting for a brain injured child in respect of injuries sustained in a road traffic accident and recovering damages well in excess of £4,000,000.
- Acting for a company in complex arbitration proceedings and achieving a recovery of £560,000.
- Acting for a farming business and successfully defending complex proceedings relating to the enforceability of a mortgage made by a secondary lender.
- Acting for a pharmaceutical consultancy in a claim for professional negligence claim against a regional firm of accountants, recovering a substantial sum in damages.
- Acting on an ongoing basis for a number of clients in the Court of Protection who have received multi-million pound settlements.
- Acting for a sawmill manufacturer and successfully defending a claim for £2 million in damages for alleged non-contractual performance.
- Successfully acting for a local businessman in relation to a claim for proprietary estoppel concerning the businessman's interest in a high value residential property.