Stephen is a Partner and Head of the Employment Team specialising in all aspects of employment law.
Stephen acts for companies based in the UK, Europe and the US. He provides advice on all aspects of employment law from the beginning of the employment relationship through to the end of the employment relationship, and post termination. Stephen also acts for senior executives and TV and radio presenters in high profile matters. He is also often involved in resolving boardroom issues and disputes.
Stephen has a particular interest in enforcement and defending restrictive covenants. He also deals with multi-jurisdiction employment law matters and in particular issues surrounding TUPE and employee status.
Stephen also acted in one of the most high profile whistleblowing cases which ran for several years and resulted in an award in excess of £1.2 million.
Stephen heads the Ashfords Employment Team, which recently won "Employment Team of the Year" at The Lawyer Awards 2016.
Stephen is often invited to appear on radio to share his views and has contributed to Radio 5, Radio 2 (Jeremy Vine), LBC and BBC Birmingham.
Stephen holds membership in the Employment Lawyers Association, International Bar Association and in the New York Bar Association.
Stephen is recognised in Chambers and Legal 500, and has been recognised as Times Lawyer of the Week.
- Post Office: Advising the Post Office surrounding the demerger from the Royal Mail Group on the TUPE implications of their IT infrastructure.
- European Credit Management Limited: Advising during a complex, leading reported, sex discrimination and equal pay case brought by a former employee, which went to the Court of Appeal. The Court of Appeal dismissed the Claimant's appeal against the decision of the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
- FinAir (one of Finland's national airlines): Advising the client in relation to the re-organisation of its UK offices and staff. Working alongside the client's HR team, Stephen's work included advising the client on all aspects of the re-organisation process, and assisting the client in the preparation of all relevant documents, and the conduct of meetings.
- Financial services sector client (highly confidential): Acted for a large international business in the financial services sector, in relation to the successful defence of a complex discrimination claim.
- Restaurant chain: Advising and acting for the largest restaurant chain in the UK.