Stephen is a Partner in the Employment Team.
He acts predominately for employers and senior executives across the country, he focuses on pragmatic and practical solutions for clients, providing advice on all aspects of employment law issues, from the beginning through to the end of the employment relationship, and post termination.
Stephen also acts for international clients from the USA and Europe. He is recognised in Chambers and Legal 500 and has been recognised as Times Lawyer of the Week.
Stephen holds membership in the Employment Lawyers Association, International Bar Association and in the New York Bar Association.
- Advising FinAir, one of Finland's national airlines, in relation to the re-organisation of its UK offices and staff. Working alongside the client's HR team, his work included advising the client on all aspects of the re-organisation process, and assisting the client in the preparation of all relevant documents, and the conduct of meetings.
- Assisting a Financial Services Sector Client (Highly Confidential): Stephen has recently acted for a large international business in the financial services sector, in relation to the successful defence of a complex discrimination claim.
- Advising European Credit Management Limited during a complex, leadingreported, sex discrimination and equal pay case brought by a former employee, which went to the Court of Appeal. The Court of Appeal dismissed the Claimant's appeal against the decision of the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
- Advising the Post Office surrounding the demerger from the Royal Mail Group on the TUPE implications of their IT infrastructure.
- Advising and acting for the largest restaurant chain in the UK.
- Representing NHS Trusts and Local Authorities.