Sophia is a Solicitor in the Property Litigation Team.
She is experienced in dealing with a wide variety of property litigation work including housing litigation. Prior to commencing her training contract in September 2013, Sophia spent more than 3 years as a paralegal in the property litigation department. During her training Sophia has undertaken seats in our construction and commercial property departments.
Sophia is experienced in a wide range of residential and commercial property issues including landlord and tenant matters, residential leasehold extensions, cohabitation disputes and adverse possession.
- Advising a registered provider in respect of its right to claim adverse possession as a defence to an application for first registration.
- Advising a commercial tenant in respect of its ability to exercise a break notice.
- Acting for a sewerage undertaker seeking to exercise its statutory powers to undertake work on land adjoining that under which the sewer is located.
- Service of notices in relation to residential tenancies and pursuing accelerated possession proceedings.
- Advising on high hedges pursuant to the Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003.
- Advising commercial client on potential environmental nuisance claim and encroachment issues.