Sian is a Partner and head of the Property Litigation Team.
Sian and the team handle disputes based on the construction of contracts, landlord and tenant issues such as exercising options to break, dilapidations claims and claims in insolvency, property related negligence matters, recovery work for social housing clients and commercial lenders, housing management, long leasehold work, statutory challenges and judicial review claims and real property issues such as party wall claims, right of light and easement proceedings.
- Acting for Hounslow Homes (ALMO) in a variety of contentious matters arising from the management of the Council's property interests (with a specific race crime bias).
- Dealing with adjudications of disputes regarding tenancy deposits under one of the Government approved deposit schemes.
- Dealing with a variety of Land Registry Adjudication/Lands Tribunal claims for social housing clients.
- Acting for a Regional Development Agency on all litigation aspects of the land assembly and development programme for the redevelopment of various sites.
- Acting for a property investment client on litigation issues arising out of its retail property portfolio - these include forfeiture actions, distraint, advice on covenants, repossession, advice on insolvency of tenants.