Sarah is a Professional Support Lawyer supporting the Construction and Engineering Team and Projects Team.
She has over 15 years' experience advising on contentious and non-contentious construction matters. Sarah has advised on all forms of bespoke and standard form construction contracts (including JCT, NEC and IChemE) and has extensive experience in high value dispute resolution.
Sarah is responsible for knowledge management and training, both internally and externally
- Advising a joint venture company on a new £30milion Biomass energy plant including preparing and negotiating the EPC Contract (IChemE Red Book) and associated documentation.
- Advising major utility company on a £4,000,000 claim against a consortium contractor (consisting of 5 separate companies) for defective design and workmanship in respect of sludge dewatering and incineration facilities at two sewage treatment plants pursuant to IChemE Red Book contract.
- Advising a higher education authority on the construction aspects in relation to provision of a new £30million campus.
- Advising a higher education authority on the terms of its framework agreement for the appointment of consultants to its estates development programme.
- Advising a developer on the terms of construction documentation for marina development involving installation of wave gate, pontoons and marina building including reviewing draft NEC3 contract, proposing and drafting project specific Z clauses and advising on terms of collateral warranties to be provided by developer's construction team and to be provided in favour of developer for other parties' works.