Sarah is a Partner in the Real Estate Team.
She advises clients on commercial property matters with a special interest in retail property that includes portfolio management, development work, and investment and social housing development.
With a strong background in property, Sarah has a solid understanding of architecture and buildings, and 'speaks the language' of the industry. Sarah has wide-ranging commercial property experience gained over many years and working for a number of different firms and bodies. This experience also includes secured lending, Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 issues and lease renewals, options and conditional contracts and the full range of property management issues.
- Re-finance of portfolio of c30 investment properties (38 leases) with large loan from major bank - loan value c£18m.
- Acquisition of multi-let investment/redevelopment property (offices and shops) for over £4m using offshore SPV and novation to new SPV to facilitateTOGC arrangements.
- Acquisition of 62 social housing units from major housebuilder with grant finance from local authority and tight deadlines for handover of units. Deal value c £5.5 m.
- Acquisition of development site for 59 social housing units only with S.106 planning issues, title problems and grant funded developer issues too. Deal value c£2m.
- Letting of large warehouse style retail premises to The Range for 25 year lease and subsequent sale of freehold to blue chip pension fund for c£4m.
- Auction purchase of 3 retail investment units for c £1.2m with bank finance arranged after the auction.