Ruth is a Partner and is Head of Energy & Waste and Projects.
She has significant experience advising Authorities, SPVs and Contractors in PPP transactions in a range of sectors including waste, accommodation and infrastructure. Ruth advises organisations including utilities and energy infrastructure companies on a range of issues including Power Purchase Agreements, off-take agreements, maintenance contracts and major commercial project agreements including EPC contracts.
- Acting for North Yorkshire County Council in respect of the North Yorkshire Waste PPP, the largest legacy waste PFI project. North Yorkshire procured a private sector partner to design, build, finance and operate a waste treatment facility involving Energy from Waste, Mechanical Treatment, Anaerobic Digestion and Incinerator Bottom Ash. Total third party funding required for the Project was approximately £350million. The Project reached financial close in October 2014.
- Advising Viridor Waste Management in its capacity as Operating Contractor on the £3billion Manchester Waste PFI Project.
- Advising Biffa Waste Services Limited in relation to its bids for the Leicestershire Waste PFI, the Sandwell Waste Project and the Tomorrow's Valley Waste Project (Wales).
- Acting for the SPV comprising Greener for Life Limited and Eternity Capital Limited on a mixed foodwaste and agricultural waste anaerobic digestion plant in Fraddon, Cornwall.
- Creation of a contract structure to enable Draper Ventilation to install a series of biomass units at numerous sites for a major poultry meat producer. The structure involved Draper Ventilation retaining ownership of the biomass units in order to retain the renewable benefit income stream.