Ruth is a solicitor in the Construction and Engineering Team.
She deals with both contentious and non-contentious matters. She acts for a range of clients including developers, local authorities, contractors, banks and joint venture entities.
Ruth advises on standard forms of construction contracts, together with consultants' appointments and collateral warranties. Her dispute resolution experience includes assisting with pre-action negotiations and Court proceedings and in particular advising a local authority in connection with a claim relating to asbestos containing materials.
Prior to qualifying into the Construction & Engineering department, Ruth spent some time working in the Residential Property and Commercial Property teams, as well as on client secondment advising on commercial and procurement law for an in-house legal team.
- Advising a joint venture entity in respect of construction contracts relating to the provision of highway works which were to be novated to the joint venture and drafting the associated deed of novation and side letter by deed regarding indemnity provisions.
- Advising a developer specialising in new build homes and drafting a bespoke suite of contractual documentation including the building contract, company guarantee, performance bond, deeds of novation and collateral warranties.
- Advising a London entertainment venue, including drafting a building contract based on NEC3 contract, Option A for the refurbishment and conversion into office space, taking into account a Grade 1 listed wall.
- Assisting with the preparation of a construction contract based on the AEIA Building Contract and JCT Design & Build for a high-end hotel development in Africa.
- Acting for a claimant contractor in a county court payment claim against a consumer employer and defending an alleged counterclaim relating to defective workmanship on a residential property.
- Advising an employer in respect of a dispute relating to asbestos containing materials at a school.