Peter is a Partner in the firm and Head of our Equity Release Team.
He is a specialist in advising clients on Equity Release Schemes and heads Ashfords' multi award winning Equity Release Department, which annually represents over 4,000 borrowers in lifetime mortgages.
Peter is a member of Action on Elder Abuse, Solicitors for the Elderly, and the Alzheimers Society. He is one of the co-founders of the Equity Release Solicitors Alliance and a prominent member of the Equity Release Council. Peter chairs the Consumer Protection Working Group, is a member of the long term care working Group and Public Affairs Working Group.
- Ashfords Equity Release Team is the only equity release legal specialists to have the 'in-house' legal specialisms to also assist clients with linked issues such as matrimonial/ separation, lease extensions, buying and selling properties, wills and trust issues, insolvency/bankruptcy and litigation matters providing a complete legal service to the client within one firm.
- Peter has 18 years' hands-on practical experience and knowledge of working in the lifetime mortgage sector.
- Peter has advised lenders before launch into equity release market on their documentation and procedure.
- Peter is a prominent figure in the Equity Release Council and is regularly approached in a consultation role on issues with products and lenders and in product development.
- Peter has a working knowledge of all of the current lender legal practices and products.
- Peter regularly presents with lenders in seminars and round table events and had worked with Hodge, Stonehaven and Bridgewater in the past 12 months.