Penny is an Associate in the Trusts and Estates Team.
She advises on Wills, Estate Administration (including Agricultural Property Relief and Business Property Relief), Powers of Attorney, Tax Planning, Trust Creation and undertakes some Court of Protection work.
Penny has over 18 years experience in Private Client work having qualified in 1998. Her experience covers a wide range of Estate Administration issues including Deeds of Variation, disclaims and related Tax work. She also specialises in complex Tax Planning work and is approachable and able to provide clear and useful advice to clients.
Penny is a full member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners ("STEP").
- Lifetime Tax Planning including Wills, Lifetime Trusts, Declaration of Trusts
- Providing advice to families with property and land which may attract Inheritance Tax ("IHT") and related Business Property Relief ("BPR") and/or Agricultural Property Relief ("APR")
- Advises Executors/Trustees on Nil Rate Band Discretionary Trust arrangements and the advantages and disadvantages of retaining the Trusts or terminating them
- Ensuring the full use of the Transferable Nil Rate Band where appropriate
- Deeds of Variation to achieve long term assets protection goals as well as Inheritance Tax savings
- General estate administration including intestacy provisions
- Powers of Attorney both Financial and Welfare. Advice relating to Advance Directives (also known as Living Wills)