Olivia is a Trainee Legal Executive in the Restructuring and Insolvency Team.
She advises insolvency practitioners undertaking both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Prior to joining Ashfords in 2011, Olivia graduated from the University of the West of England with a degree in Law.
- Advised the majority of the Board of a clothing manufacturer. The business had been struggling financially and the Board was deadlocked, each faction accusing the other of serious misconduct. Worked closely with PwC and, after intense negotiations with investors and key suppliers, delivered the solvent restructuring of the business.
- Assisting with the preparation of an injunction application and the eventual trial in the case of Lemon and Wood v Chawda.
- Advising a Trustee in Bankruptcy in relation to a bankrupt who had been consistently deceitful and had misappropriated his daughter's inheritance.
- Assisting in advising the Trustees of an IFA who had defrauded creditors running a Ponzi scheme.
- Advising a bankrupt in relation to the Trustee's possession and sale application, the extent to which exceptional circumstances could apply, and his options in buying out the Trustee's interest.
- Assisting with several law firm insolvencies, where Sam Palmer of Ashfords has been appointed as Solicitor Manager.
- Appearing in Court, in particular for petitioning creditors, in Winding Up Petitions and Bankruptcy Petitions.