Oliver is a Senior Associate in the Construction and Engineering Team.
He specialises in all forms of dispute resolution (domestic and international), including adjudication, arbitration, mediation and litigation in the Technology and Construction Court.
Oliver's clients include commercial and private developers, contractors, sub-contractors, mechanical and electrical engineers and local authorities.
- Advising a sub-contractor in adjudication proceedings and relating to its final account dispute following completion of the London 2012 Olympics Athletes' Village.
- Acting for Employer in adjudication proceedings following contractor's extension of time claim under a JCT Intermediate Contract with Contractor's Design Portion.
- Acting for main Contractor in its claim against a registered provider of social housing for unpaid applications for payment totalling £3m following external works carried out to some 1,400 residential properties across a number of sites.
- Acting for a waste management company in relation to a dispute with its main contractor under an earthworks contract in arbitration.
- Acting for a main contractor in adjudication proceedings for non-payment of monies due under a roadworks contract, and successfully enforcing the adjudicator's decision in the Technology and Construction Court.
- Acting for a Defendant mechanical and electrical firm of Engineers in a multi-party dispute issued in the Technology and Construction Court relating to alleged defects in a block of 350 flats in the London Docklands area.
Oliver is a member of the Society of Construction Law.