Nick is a Legal Director in the Projects Team.
He has considerable experience advising funders, sponsors and procuring authorities in respect of PFI/ PPP infrastructure projects across a range of sectors and in a number of different jurisdictions. Nick also has significant experience advising both lenders and borrowers on general banking and finance transactions.
Nick's experience includes working for a number of years in different jurisdictions, including the UK, Ireland, Moscow and Dubai.
- Phase II Site 100MW Solar Photovoltaic IPP at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park (Dubai) - advised a short listed bidder on local law issues relating to the project documents.
- Hassyan Clean Coal Power Plant (Dubai) - advised a short listed bidder on local law issues relating to the project documents.
- Aluminium Waste Recycling Facility (Dubai) - advised a leading European aluminium waste recycling company with respect to its joint venture arrangements in UAE, and various transportation and processing agreements, relating to aluminium smelter waste materials generated by the Abu Dhabi and Dubai smelting facilities.
- Shariah Compliant Real Estate Financing - advised the borrower (Dubai based property fund) in relation to a secured Islamic Shariah compliant USD72M financing on the basis of a commodity murabaha, providing for tawaruk finance.
- Real Estate Development Financing - advised a Swiss private bank in relation to a USD50M term loan facility for the construction of a luxury hotel and villas/apartments on Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, and related security documentation.
- Real Estate Re-Financing - advised the lender and sub-participant in respect of a EUR27.5M property re-financing facility, and funded sub-participation therein, in respect of Russian commercial premises and related security.
- Irish Schools PPP (Bundle 1) - advised the senior lender on various aspects of its funding of this project for the provision of 4 new schools with a capital value of EUR80M.
- Irish Government's Decentralised Offices PPP - advised the senior lenders on various aspects of their funding of this project for the provision of 3 new office blocks, with associated car parking, with a capital value of EUR115M.
- N11 Arklow/Rathnew PPP Road Scheme - advised the sponsors of a shortlisted consortium.
- Lancashire BSF - advised the senior lender on various aspects of its funding for phases 1, 2 and 2a for the provision of 6 new PFI schools with a capital value of £180M.
- Birmingham Schools PFI - advised the building contractor with respect to the construction of 11 new PFI schools with a capital value of £74M.
- University of Wales Student Accommodation Project - advised the senior lender on various aspects of its funding for student accommodation with an initial capital value of £33M, and subsequent variation to include additional units with increased capital value of £37M.
- Cherwell County Council Leisure PPP - advised the project company with respect to this DBO with a capital value of £25M directly funded by the local authority and local authority borrowing pursuant to the prudential borrowing code.