Lucy is a Senior Associate in the Public Sector Team.
She advises government departments, local authorities, public bodies and private contractors. She specialises in public sector projects, working with clients from the outset of a project until project completion and dealing with post close contract management issues. Lucy also specialises in providing specific advice on the procurement rules, commercial drafting, commercial negotiations and State aid.
Lucy regularly provides training to clients on the European procurement rules and relevant EU case law.
Since the initial roll-out of superfast broadband in the UK Lucy has been heavily involved in BDUK funded broadband projects.
"Lucy is the consummate professional, she has an excellent knowledge and an eye for detail. Whilst she is extremely assertive in her representations she is also able to empathise with the client and translate the implications of often complex legal issues in a clear and concise way. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Lucy to anyone."
Matt Smith, Fastershire Broadband
Lucy has been in legal practice for over 13 years. Prior to studying law, Lucy worked as an Assistant Clinical Psychologist at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust.
- Advising the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea on the Edenham Way Regeneration Project.
- Advising Herefordshire Council and Gloucestershire County Council on third stage of the Fastershire superfast and ultrafast broadband roll-out, Lucy has been advising on this project since the original pilot scheme in 2011.
- Advising Shropshire Council on its superfast broadband projects.
- Advising CORSERV in relation to its highways joint venture project.
- Advising Cornwall Council on its outsourcing of its Estates Management services with a contract value of circa £15 million.
- Acting for the London Borough of Lambeth in respect of its procurement for the outsourcing of its Revenues, Benefits and Customer Services functions and its Total Facilities Management Project.