Lucy joined Ashfords in September 2013 and is working in the Commercial Litigation Department.
- Assisting with advising and acting on behalf of lenders in relation to high value professional negligence claims against valuers, solicitors and mortgage brokers.
- Assisting Partner Rory Mac Neice with matters involving leading horse trainers being investigated in relation to allegations of doping and match/spot-fixing.
- Acting on behalf of a defendant in a claim against it for the repayment of alleged loans made to it, and its significant counterclaim.
- Assisting with the advice provided to Sensus UK and Sensus Inc on the successful bid with Arqiva for the roll out of smart meters. This contract will see over 10,000,000 users in the North of the UK have their gas and electricity meters swapped for smart meters.
- Acting for Post Office Limited in its separation for the Royal Mail Group, including assisting with, and project managing a large IT outsourcing contract which involved significant drafting and negotiations.
- Assisting with the advice provided to investors on what was listed by Growth Business as one of the largest UK technology venture capital investments of 2013.