Liam is a Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution Team.
He advises on business disputes including contractual disputes and professional negligence matters.
He advises a full range of businesses and individuals from sole traders to government departments, local authorities and limited companies. Liam is developing a practice in contractual disputes arising out of franchise relationships, working closely with Andrew Perkins, a partner in the Commercial Litigation Team specialising in franchise disputes.
- Assisting a partner with a multi-million pound dispute in relation to the sale of a Russian property development which included assisting with proceedings in the Commercial Court.
- Acting for a company in respect of a negligent misstatement claim arising from incorrect advice about Licensing.
- Successfully negotiating a settlement for a client in a breach of contract dispute where it was denied that the terms of the contract were ever in force.
- Assisting a partner with a high value breach of contract and negligence claim against an international bank in respect of investment advice.
- Defending a client with a high profile media presence in respect of a breach of contract claim. Successfully negotiated the discontinuance of the action against the client.