Laura is a Solicitor in the Construction and Engineering Team and deals with both contentious and non-contentious construction matters.
She acts for a range of clients including developers, local authorities, contractors, sub-contractors, banks and joint venture entities.
Laura's procurement work involves advising on standard forms of construction contracts, including JCT and NEC, together with consultants' appointments, collateral warranties, performance bonds and parent company guarantees. Her dispute resolution experience includes assisting with pre-action negotiations, adjudications and Court proceedings, and in particular advising a waste management company in connection with a long running dispute on a PFI project to construct a waste treatment plant.
- International retailer: Acting for the client in connection with a range of non-contentious construction matters, to facilitate continued expansion of the business and associated infrastructure.
- EPC contractor: Advising the client in connection with a complex, long running dispute relating to design variations, defects and omitted works under a contract to construct a waste treatment plant.
- London Borough Council: Acting for the council in connection with the building contract and ancillary documentation relating to extensive construction and refurbishment works to a primary school in the authority's area.
- Private company: Drafting the JCT civils contracts for a project to construct a new energy from waste facility (14.5MW).
- Waste management company: Assisting with the preparation of a bespoke umbrella maintenance contract to be used by a waste management company for planned and reactive maintenance works at a number of waste treatment facilities across the UK.
Commercial Fit-Out Contracts - An Employer's...
They say you never get a second chance to make a first impression. It is perhaps unsurprising, therefore, that the...