Laura is a Solicitor in the Construction and Engineering Team.
She deals with both contentious and non-contentious matters. She acts for a range of clients including developers, local authorities, contractors, sub-contractors, banks and joint venture entities.
Laura's procurement work involves advising on standard forms of construction contracts, including JCT and NEC, together with consultants' appointments, collateral warranties, performance bonds and parent company guarantees. Her dispute resolution experience includes assisting with pre-action negotiations, adjudications and Court proceedings.
- Acting for a major international retailer in connection with a range of non-contentious construction matters, to facilitate continued expansion of the business and associated infrastructure.
- Advising an EPC contractor in connection with a complex, long running dispute relating to design variations, defects and omissions of works under a contract to construct a waste treatment plant.
- Acting for a London borough council in connection with the building contract and ancillary documentation relating to extensive construction and refurbishment works to a primary school in the authority's area.
- Drafting the JCT civils contracts for a project to construct a new energy from waste facility (14.5MW).
- Assisting with the preparation of a bespoke umbrella maintenance contract to be used by a waste management company for planned and reactive maintenance works at a number of waste treatment facilities across the UK.
- Advising the SPV company in a £40m plus project to construct a new renewable energy facility (gasification using waste biomass).
- Reviewing and negotiating the construction documentation for a new multi-million pound country house hotel and restaurant, including the forms of professional consultant appointment and construction management trade contract.