Laura is Solicitor in the Employment Team.
She provides advice and HR support to clients, in both the public and private sector, on all areas of employment law. Laura has experience of defending employment law claims including claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing.
Laura also assists Ashfords' UK Immigration specialist, Kirsty Cooke, in advising on business immigration matters, including migrant workers’ right to work in the UK, sponsor obligations, sponsor licence applications and visa applications.
Laura is also actively involved in Ashfords' commitment to CSR and the firm's charity of the year and is a member of the XYBC Committee. Click here to find out more about XYBC.
- Conducting disciplinary, grievance and performance management procedures.
- Carrying out redundancy consultation processes.
- Advising on parental leave.
- Advising on employment aspects of transfers and mergers of businesses.
- Defending claims of unfair dismissal, unlawful deduction from wages, discrimination and whistleblowing.
- Advising employers on the recruitment of non-EEA Nationals.
- Transferring existing employees to the UK under the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer route.
- Assisting with applications for EEA Family Permits, Permanent Residence and British Citizenship.
- Securing a Tier 1 Investor visa for a high net worth individual.
- Applying for sponsor licences for employers recruiting under Tier 2 of the Points Based System.
- Advising employers on their obligations in relation to carrying out Right to Work checks and maintaining the appropriate records.