Lara is an Associate in the Real Estate Team.
She specialises in marine planning, licensing and regulation. Lara frequently advises port authorities, developers and marine businesses on a full range of marine regulatory matters. She has advised on a number of multi-million pound developments and is nationally recognised as a leading marine licensing solicitor.
Lara has won numerous academic awards, including the Street and Maxwell Prize for graduating at the top of her year at Exeter University. She writes regularly for prominent publications including the Maritime Journal, Estates Gazette and Marine and Maritime Gazette. In addition she presents seminars at national events and for leading maritime organisations such as the UK Marine Energy Conference 2016, the UK Harbour Masters' Association, the British Ports Association and Port Skills and Safety.
- Advising in respect of the Harbour Empowerment/Revision Order, marine licensing and other marine consents required for a major coastal regeneration project.
- Advising in respect of marine licences and other marine consents (including Wildlife Licensing, the Public Right of Navigation and the EIA Regulation 10 Exception) connected to multi-million pound coastal developments.
- Advised in respect a ground-breaking regional multi-site marine licence for a major charity.
- Advised a statutory harbour authority in respect of a Harbour Revision Order application (including drafting the Order) under Harbours Act 1964.
- Undertook marine planning and statutory harbour power due diligence on sale of major marine business.
- Advising statutory harbour authority clients seeking to obtain new byelaws and harbour directions (including drafting).
- Advising a statutory harbour authority in respect of a potential Harbour Closure Order.
- Objecting to a Harbour Revision Order on behalf of a third party organisation affected by the proposed changes.
- Advising clients, including statutory harbour authorities, in respect of marine regulatory matters and disputes (e.g. existing statutory harbour powers, harbour directions, byelaws, vessel removal, open port duty and other miscellaneous port related matters).