Kurt is a Solicitor (Australian Qualified) in the Projects Team.
He advises both private and public clients in relation to project development and acquisitions in the energy, transport and telecoms sectors. He has particular experience in advising on the regulatory and State-aid aspects of power projects.
Kurt has worked on a broad portfolio of projects at his previous firm Norton Rose Fulbright, both in Australia and Singapore.
- Advising various project developers and funders on regulatory aspects of solar and wind farm development, particularly in relation to the application of Australia's National Electricity Rules ("NER").
- Advising the consortium of investors on regulatory issues in relation to the privatisation and acquisition of Ausgrid, Australia's largest electricity distribution network.
- Advising on Queensland Competition Authority's review of Aurizon’s US$ 5 billion rail access undertaking in respect of the world's largest coal rail network.
- Drafting and advising upon a technology and telecommunications outsourcing agreement and parallel joint venture between a prominent Indonesian telecommunications company and multi-national IT consultancy.
- Advising a major power producer on the implementation of its regulatory compliance programme agreed to with the Australian Energy Regulator ("AER").