Ken is a Partner in the Real Estate Team.
He specialises in property litigation and has over 30 years experience of resolving real estate disputes. He has developed an extensive and specialised understanding of dealing with the complex issues that arise on major development schemes, commercial, residential and mixed use and has a strong reputation for cutting through situations that would otherwise lead to deadlock and in resolving matters commercially and pragmatically by negotiation.
Ken also has extensive experience of dealing with and resolving landlord and tenant disputes in particular complex dilapidations claims, service charge issues and opposed tenancy renewals. He is highly experienced in conducting litigation for both landlords and tenants in the retail industry and licensed trade and is regularly instructed by house builder clients on arbitrations involving overage and option agreements.
- Acting for DHL on the delivery of vacant possession of their land at Kings Cross as part of the Kings Cross Central (Argent) re-development of Kings Cross.
- The redevelopment of Smithfield market prior to the scheme being purchased by Henderson Real estate.
- The redevelopment of the heritage Bolton Market Hall as part of Bolton market Place shopping Centre.
- Acting for house builder clients on complex arbitrations and expert determinations involving overage and valuation disputes.
- Advised over many years a utility company on development schemes and land disputes.
- Advised both landlord and tenants on complex lease disputes including substantial dilapidations claims and claims relating to consent to alienation and consent for alterations. Most recently acting for an international bank client and has resolved a dispute relating to Carbon Reduction Charges.