Kathy is a Solicitor in the Corporate and Commercial Team and she assists on a range of corporate, banking and tax related transactions.
Her corporate work involves advising on corporate reorganisations, constitutional amendments and asset and share purchases. Kathy has advised on these matters for individuals, partnerships and private companies.
Kathy also advises on banking transactions, which includes advising lenders or borrowers on the terms of finance agreements and supporting security, both for general financing and property and development finance.
Kathy is also a part of the tax team and provides advise to clients who are looking to receive investment through the Enterprise Investment Scheme ("EIS"), or who wish to offer Employee Management Incentives ("EMI") to their employees. Kathy also provides advice on VAT on property transactions, stamp duty and stamp duty land tax on an ad-hoc basis.
Kathy is also a member of the XYBC Committee. Click here to find out more about XYBC.
- Completing the reorganisation of a company to include a new trading subsidiary and a new holding company.
- Completing a share for share exchange agreement to enable the shareholders to benefit from tax relief.
- Finalising the sale of the shares in a company from an individual and arranging for the deferred payment to be secured against the buyer's property.
- Acting for Pennon Group plc on its acquisition of Bournemouth Water Limited.
- Acting for Sensus UK Systems Limited on its acquisition of Sentec Ltd from over 65 shareholders.
- Acting for a lender who lends to individuals and companies for private financing, including supporting security and guarantees.
- Acting for an American company that received investment to obtain EIS clearance from HMRC.
- Acting for companies implementing EMI schemes, including notifying HMRC of the scheme as required.