Katharine is an Associate in the Public Sector Team.
She is experienced in infrastructure and commercial projects across a broad range of sectors providing specialist advice on the procurement process and the fast moving procurement legislative framework, together with general project support for outsourcing and PFI/PPP projects. Katharine has advised and assisted Government departments, local authorities, education institutions and the NHS, as well as national and multi-national companies.
Katharine joined Ashfords from DAC Beachcroft in Spring 2015. Before that, she worked at Osborne Clarke.
- Advising Exeter City Council ("ECC") in relation to its Construction Contractor's Framework to appoint three Lots of contractors who have the ability to work collaboratively with ECC to deliver high quality residential and commercial sustainable energy efficient developments with a focus on "Passivhaus" and "Building Biology" principles that meet ECC's long term objectives. Katharine is acting on all aspects of the procurement as an integral part of ECC's team, including strategy advice, drafting all procurement documentation (including PIN, Contract Notice, Descriptive Manual, PQQ, ITT, Framework Agreement, Call-Off Contracts, contract award letters and Contract Award Notice), managing the Procurement Portal, managing any bidder PQQ and ITT clarifications and running Bidder Open Days.
- Advising NHS Monitor throughout its procurement of national tariff assurance/audit services under the restricted procedure and in accordance with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015. This includes producing the full suite of procurement documentation, ad hoc advice as needed on matters arising during the procurement and finalisation of award through to contract signature.
- Acting for Wandsworth Borough Council in relation to all of its contract and procurement matters, including in relation to a Pan-London authorities joint venture project, variations, bespoke funding agreements, procurement, vires, contract extensions, termination of contracts, grant advice and service contracts across the spectrum of health and social care, housing, education and business services.
- Conducting reviews of various procurement documentation suites for compliance with both the 2006 and 2015 Public Contracts Regulations and making recommendations to ensure a successful procurement process, most recently for HM Land Registry in its Scanning, Processing and Electronic Data Services procurement.
- Advising the contracting authorities on post completion matters and queries in relation to the Fastershire Broadband project, including negotiation of side agreement with the provider.
- Providing general procurement advice to various local authorities, including the capability of making proposed changes to operational contracts under both the 2006 and 2015 Public Contracts Regulations.
- Advising Post Office in relation to its procurement projects.
- Advising Vinci in relation to various formal variations to their operational PFI/PPP projects.
- Advising various local authorities in respect of state aid compliance to enable projects to proceed within the boundaries of the State aid regime.