Kate is an Associate in the Residential Property Team and specialises in Agriculture.
She advises clients on a range of non-contentious property matters and complicated land transactions.
Kate advises private individuals, partnerships, businesses and local authorities on various property matters including freehold and leasehold residential and agricultural sales and purchases, Farm Business Tenancies and grazing licences, grants and surrenders of easements and leasehold extensions and variations. Kate qualified as a trainee with Ashfords in 2010.
- Assisting with the sale of an estate with land planted to renewable crops, with leases back on Farm Business Tenancies of part of the land and pre-emption agreements.
- Advising a large utility provider on the rights of occupation of existing farming tenants / licensees and the granting of new Farm Business Tenancies and Grazing Licences.
- Dealing with the grant of rights over an estate for a drainage supply to a nearby residential development.
- Advising on a contract for the sale of a property conditional on the grant of planning permission.
- Advising various clients on applications to the Land Registry to rectify title defects, first registration and claims for adverse possession of land.
- Dealing with the extension of a number of leases on behalf of a local authority Landlord.