Jonathan is an Associate in the Projects Team.
He advises both private and public sector clients on contracts relating to infrastructure projects, including energy projects and broadband projects.
Jonathan also advises private companies on a number of issues including outsourcing agreements, operation and maintenance contracts, feedstock agreements and related structural matters relating to energy projects.
His work for public sector clients often involves elements of State aid advice, procurement advice and negotiating and structuring projects.
- Advising the project companies on the design, building, maintenance and operation of number of Anaerobic Digestion facilities sponsored by Greener for Life Energy Limited and two funders. As at September 2014, the projects are expected to produce c.18MW of energy (in terms of electricity production, gas exported to the national gas grid and thermal output) with a total capital value of c.£30million.
- Advising a client in respect of its procurement of an operator for its merchant timber-fuelled electricity plant, and the associated interface with the EPC contract and timber supply contract.
- Advising the Council of the Isles of Scilly on the State aid implications of its proposed grant funding to improve infrastructure at two regional airports, and preparing the subsequent State aid notification to the European Commission.
- Advising a local authority client on the State aid implications of its proposed loan to its wholly-owned building company subsidiary, including the operation of the "Services of General Economic Interest" safe haven.
- Advising North Yorkshire County Council and NYnet Limited in their procurement utilising the competitive dialogue procedure as one of four BDUK national pilots, reaching financial close in July 2012.
- Advising Herefordshire Council and Gloucestershire County Council on a combined local authority project procured using the competitive dialogue procedure, undertaken as one of the four BDUK national pilots, reaching commercial close in December 2012.
- Advising Shropshire Council on its procurement under the BDUK Framework for next generation access broadband in rural areas.
- Advising NYnet 100 Limited in respect of its procurement utilising the restricted procedure of a consultant to provide business support outcomes tied into an ERDF grant funding agreement relating to the BDUK broadband project.