Jessica Taylor is a Partner in our specialist Construction Team.
She has over 20 years experience in advising on construction and engineering law. Her expertise includes working with institutional clients, banks, contractors and consultants as well as for social housing providers and local authorities.
Jessica advises on a wide range of projects involving the drafting and negotiating of major strategic and operational commercial and construction contracts including advising on standard JCT, PPC, NEC3 contracts, international forms of contract and bespoke construction contracts, professional team appointments, collateral warranties; agreements for lease; construction related elements of funding agreements; drafting and reviewing parent company guarantees; advance payment and performance bonds; framework agreements; consortium agreements; hub contracts; extensive and short form letters of intent; initial contracts and appointments; and specialist sub-contracts.
Jessica was also Deputy Director of the Quantity Surveyors Division of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Advising a leading global ICT solutions provider on their new prestigious UK Headquarters acquisition and multi-million pound fit-out.
- Acting for a UK housing association group on the acquisition and £63m development of high value real estate in Islington, London; advising on project structure and the LLP Agreement with the developer partner and on negotiations with their offshore funder. The contract package included planning agreements; major building contract documents; development management agreements; consultants' appointments; and financing documents.
- Acting for a Russell Group University in connection with its major student accommodation project including associated infrastructure contracts involving negotiating NEC3 contracts and consortium agreements with developer and negotiating funding agreements including with the HCA.
- Acting for Court of Protection Deputies in connection with the design and construction of a hydrotherapy pool at a residential dwelling for a seriously injured minor.
- Advising a major property investor in connection with major conversion projects from office to residential in the heart of central London.
- Advising a major housing group on its framework arrangement with a major regional developer for the development of private housing.