Jack is a Solicitor in the Business Risk and Regulation Team.
He advises clients in relation to their regulatory duties and defends organisations facing regulatory prosecution.
Jack advises organisations and individuals on environmental issues, health and safety law and other regulatory areas including construction, energy, and agriculture. He provides advice and defence for clients facing prosecution by the Environment Agency, DEFRA, the Health and Safety Executive, VOSA, Local Authorities and Trading Standards. He also has experience in dealing with corporate and financial regulation including asset freezing and the Proceeds of Crime Act.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Jack trained at a national law firm in a variety of commercial and regulatory roles, including secondment to the litigation and regulatory department of a major bank.
- Assisted with the defence of a major transport company facing VOSA investigation.
- Assisted with the defence of individuals facing asset freezing and Proceeds of Crime Act proceedings.
- Provided internal regulatory support and guidance to national corporations (including major banks) on issues including Bribery, Directors Disqualification and Anti-Money Laundering law.
- Provided advice to individuals and companies facing environmental prosecution on issues including waste and pollution, environmental permitting and land contamination.
- Defending major construction corporations facing investigation for variety of regulatory issues including working at height, lead control and general health and safety.
- Provides advice on environmental warranties and similar regulatory issues affecting corporate mergers and acquisitions.