Ieuan is a Solicitor in the Marine Team.
Ieuan advises major international banks, insurers and insurance brokers, associations of fishermen, individual crewmen and many other clients within the industry. Ieuan also assists outside of the Marine Team in the Commercial Litigation Department in general, taking instructions from a great range of companies, from major utility companies to SMEs. Ieuan is experienced both claiming and defending, with a breadth of experience in several Courts, from Small Claims right up to the High Court and Court of Appeal, as well as Magistrates' Courts. Ieuan has been praised for his commercial approach and client-focussed attitude in whichever kind of work he is involved.
- Advising the Claimant in a major charterparty dispute in a shipping demurrage claim worth $3million.
- Advising one of the country's major utility companies in defending a loss of business claim in a high-value Water Industry Act Arbitration.
- Advising and assisting a local fishermen's association as to their rights and damages entitlements in respect of a major renewables project in the region.
- Advising share fishermen and Shipowners as to their rights in respect of EU regulations on quotas and catchments and their applicability to their business, inside and outside of the Magistrates' Courts.
- Advising the crew of a bulk carrier attacked by Somali pirates in the Gulf of Aiden as to their entitlements under IMO conventions.
- Advising a local harbour authority in relation to its rights and applicability of EU legislation onto local by laws.