Hayley is a Solicitor in the Public Sector Team.
She is a specialist in State aid and procurement law. Hayley advises public and private clients on the application of the EU State aid and procurement regimes, State aid structuring, the procurement process and a wide range of associated contractual documents and governance. She has a proven reputation for assisting clients, including government bodies, with complex State aid matters and has integral experience of European and national funding programmes. Hayley also delivers regular training and workshop sessions on State aid and public procurement.
- Undertaking and advising on procurement audits of European Regional Development Fund projects for the Department for Communities and Local Government. This work has involved advising on compliance with the EU and UK procurement regimes, complex procurement law matters, the EU and National rules governing the European Regional Development Fund and advising on draft procurement documentation.
- Providing comprehensive State aid advice and support to Cornwall Council on the new State aid regime, including the new General Block Exemption Regulation, in respect of Cornwall's funding programmes for 2014-2020 (including European Regional Development Fund and Local Growth Deal). Also advising on State aid and procurement structuring of proposed funding packages for complex energy projects.
- State aid advice to the UK Commission for Employment and Skills on the Employers Ownership Pilot Round 2 ("EOP). Advising on State aid guidance to EOP applicants, advising on the State aid provisions in the Grant Offer Letter, providing technical briefings on key State aid issues and liaising with BIS' policy teams and State aid branch.
- Advising North Yorkshire County Council on the State aid elements of its funding programmes, including Growing Places Fund, Regional Growth Fund and Local Growth Fund, and associated procurement, contractual and structuring advice. This work has included advising on projects that involve a number of public funding streams, including the European Regional Development Fund.
- Advising on and drafting the Funding Agreement to be entered into between the Council of the Isles of Scilly ("CIoS") and its delivery partner for the provision of a European Regional Development Fund grant for the Land's End Airport Regeneration Project, including full flow-down of European Regional Development Fund requirements and related State aid, contractual and governance advice.
- Advising Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council as an accountable body of the Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership on the State aid assessment of applications to the Regional Growth Fund. This is an on-going role and has involved advising on a number of complex areas of the State aid rules, including export aid and excluded sectors, and projects also applying for support from the European Structural Funds.