Gurkirat is a Trainee Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution Team.
Gurkirat assists the team in advising on a range of civil disputes, including claims in the High Court and Companies Court and those disputes which are settled by Alternative Dispute Resolution prior to the issue of proceedings.
Previously, Gurkirat worked in the Commercial Property team as a Paralegal. As a Commercial Property Paralegal she provided general support on a wide range of Real Estate matters; predominately dealing with leases, licences and transfers of both property and minerals.
- Assisting on issues such as Breach of Contract, Bankruptcy and Negligence.
- Drafting and negotiating licences to assign, sublet and alter for a high value block of residential flats.
- Advising local authorities on decant strategies.
- Assisting on the acquisition of energy plants and various high end retail premises.
- Researching various areas of law including riparian ownership, compulsory purchase orders, data protection and freedom of information regulations.