Gruff is a Solicitor in the Commercial Litigation Team.
He works closely with the Partners and Associates in the Team advising on a range of disputes for individuals and businesses.
Gruff has advised and acted on behalf of a full range of clients from individuals and partnership to family-run companies, limited liability partnerships, national franchisors and transnational corporations. He assists on a broad spectrum of disputes including breach of contract claims; franchise disputes; professional negligence claims; inheritance, trust and pension disputes; and the restoration of dissolved companies.
Gruffydd is also a member of the XYBC Committee. Click here to find out more about XYBC.
- Acting for a business with a national network of licensees in injunction proceedings against a licensee for breaches of restrictive covenants contained within a license agreement.
- Defending a claim by the spouse of a deceased former director of a company in relation to a loan by the deceased to the company.
- Defending a claim against an incorporated charitable organisation relating to a contract for services when the service provided was sub-standard.
- Successfully bringing a claim on behalf of a franchisor in relation to breaches of a franchise agreement by a franchisee which included a successful application to strike out a Defence and Counterclaim.
- Assisting on the restoration of dissolved companies to the Register of Companies.
- Persuading a litigant in person to discontinue an unfounded claim against a local authority client.