Gareth is a Partner in the Planning Team.
He advises clients on planning issues arising from development whether it is to secure permission for a development or to offer advice to others who are seeking to make representations or object to development.
Gareth advises a wide range of clients from major developers, local authorities, and private individuals. The work streams include the completion of 106 agreements and other sectional agreements, lawful development certificates, enforcement notices and planning appeals.
He also deals with contentious matters such as advising on judicial review of decisions and deals with criminal prosecutions arising from planning issues
Before joining Ashfords he was the Head of Planning at Foot Anstey and has over 20 years' experience in providing planning advice for a range of local authorities.
- Acquiring planning permission for a game bird breeding farm.
- Acquiring permission for further phase of a strategic residential development.
- Challenge to a grant of a planning permission modified by a Local Authority.
- Enforcement prosecution for the breach of an enforcement notice.
- Advice on planning issues arising from Anaerobic Digestion Plants.