Donna is a Solicitor in the Residential Property Team and specialises in Agriculture.
She advises private individuals, companies and partnerships, including some large south west landed estates, on a wide variety of agricultural and property matters including:- the sale and purchase of land; the sale and purchase of houses, farms and smallholdings, the grant and reservation of rights over land; the grant and surrender of farm business tenancies, commercial leases, licence and grazing agreements and tenancies of agricultural holdings; the resolution of title defects and the first registration of land.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Donna worked for a rural firm dealing with a large variety of property matters. A highlight was assisting individual land owners in the grant of an option agreement over 4 farms to a well-known residential developer.
- Advising in the sale of a farm, including commercially let units and holiday lets, in several lots.
- Acting in a substantial land purchase for £1.8 million in several lots including the granting of necessary legal rights and the grant of a right of first refusal over a further piece of land.
- Assisting financial institutions in the re-structuring of security over large farms.
- Acting for a landed estate in the drafting of a farm business tenancy and separate commercial lease.
- Advising and preparing the necessary legal documentation for agricultural and residential auction sales and sales by formal or informal tender.
- Assisting various clients in the sale and purchase of high value residential properties and agricultural land including preparing contracts conditional on the grant of planning permissions and overage agreements.