Dominic is a Senior Associate in the Commercial Litigation Team.
His experience and expertise covers a broad range of commercial disputes mainly conducted in the High Court in London including shareholder / director's disputes, white collar fraud, breach of trust, asset tracing and financial / banking claims.
He has experience of mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and expert determination.
Dominic is also part of the firm's Insolvency team and advises officeholders, directors, shareholders and individuals on a wide range of contentious insolvency matters arising in the course of liquidation, CVA / IVA and bankruptcy, including transactions at an undervalue, preference and misfeasance claims.
He also assists the firm's marine / technology and art / collectible teams.
- £22m license dispute - advising in relation to disputes arising from the client's need to renew / extend their existing software licenses.
- £7m - acting for a foreign national in relation to his claim to be the beneficial owner of property in the UK.
- $3m - Regulatory / disciplinary proceedings - advising a regulator in relation to disciplinary proceedings brought against a scrivener notary (for serious notarial misconduct) concerning the notary's involvement in a fraudulent business.
- US$15m Stand By Letter of Credit dispute - advising a large bank on a dispute arising following their issue of a Stand By Letter of Credit.
- £2m expert determination - regarding the payment of deferred consideration under the terms of a Share Purchase Agreement.
- £2m professional negligence claim broker's negligence claim.
- Winding up petition in relation to a family dispute concerning the loss of the sum £1.8m.
- Winding up petition relating to a foreign company with assets in the UK. Currently acting for the Joint Liquidators in relation to the companies' claims for misfeasance and fraud in order to recover the company's assets.
- Acted for the collector of a painting by L.S. Lowry in relation to questions raised over the authenticity and provenance of the piece. Successfully resolved through mediation.
- Acting for the owner of valuable collectible involving issues of provenance and authenticity.
- Acting for a charitable trust in relation to the recovery of trust property misappropriated by trustees.