Darren is a Partner and Head of the Agriculture Sector. He specialises in higher value and agriculture property transactions.
Darren has over 25 years' experience dealing with private clients as well as companies buying, selling and leasing land and buildings for occupation or investment. He also has considerable experience acting for lenders dealing with finance for agricultural projects.
He joined Ashfords as a trainee, his interest in rural issues and enjoyment in helping people with property purchases or leases have seen him become the Head of the Agriculture and Rural Affairs sector.
Darren is described in Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession as someone who “makes sure things get done on time and who seeks solutions not problems".
- Private client: Advising on the purchase of a farm and the refinancing of the Home Farm. This included advising on matters such as lotting, third party rights, disputed easements, partnership and future development issues (value: £3 million+).
- Private client: Acting on the sale of one of the most extensive tracts of farmland existing within the M25. This included advising on matters such as lotting, 1954 Act leases, farm business tenancies, overage and related contractual arrangements.
- Large land owner: Acting in relation to the grant of a particularly involved lease of sporting rights on a Devon Estate (value: £750,000+).
- Private client: Dealing with the purchase of agricultural land in Somerset at over £3 million.
- Private client: An auction sale of 8 properties from a landed estate.
What are Sporting Rights?
The short answer is - hunting, shooting and fishing. It may be that you are buying land and have in...
Ashfords LLP announced as proud sponsors...
National law firm Ashfords LLP is proud to announce their sponsorship of this year''s Members'' Marquee at the Mid Devon...