Catherine is a Senior Associate in the Construction and Engineering Team.
She specialises in non-contentious construction matters and has extensive experience in drafting construction documents for all types of commercial, large-scale residential and renewable energy development projects, where she has worked with a number of leading contractors and developers. Her work has included advising employers, funders, developers, consultants, contractors, and sub-contractors on all forms of construction and engineering contracts (including JCT, NEC3, FIDIC, IChemE), framework agreements, collateral warranties, third party rights, professional appointments, bonds, guarantees and latent defects insurance policies. Catherine works closely with our Commercial Property, Projects and Banking teams advising on the associated construction-related aspects.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Catherine worked at Osborne Clarke and has also spent time on secondment with the in-house legal team of a major international energy and oil company.
- Advising a company specialising in the development of anaerobic digestion plants for the production of renewable electricity and/or biogas across a number of sites, including drafting and negotiating the EPC contracts based on IChemE and the construction contracts based on JCT, together with the associated professional appointments, parent company guarantees, bonds and collateral warranties.
- Advising the main contractor on the construction contracts associated with the ground remediation, site preparation and construction of a mixed use development for a major supermarket at a coastal site, involving the dredging and piping of materials across the seabed and shoreline to the site.
- Advising the SPV contractor in connection with contracts for the provision of facilities management and other specialist services to property assets to a County Council based on the NEC term service contract, April 2013.
- Drafting and negotiating a contract for the design and construction of a household waste recycling centre and waste transfer building based on the NEC3 as part of a deed of variation to the original works envisaged under the project agreement with the Council and advising on the associated impact of the flow down from the project agreement.
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts and consultants' appointments to procure large-scale industrial warehousing for Gazeley UK Limited and Asda Stores Limited incorporating associated office complexes for contract values ranging from approximately £5 to £15 million, which have been procured using amended JCT DB and FIDIC standard forms of contract and included advising on latent defects insurance policies, development agreements, agreements for lease and forward purchase agreements.
- Advising Lloyds on its security associated with the full suite of construction documents for the development of the mixed use commercial site known as Temple Quay 2 in Bristol.