Brian is a Partner in the Real Estate Team. He specialises in property development and in the waste and energy sectors.
Brian leads a team dealing with commercial and mixed use development schemes and energy and waste related projects. His clients range from plcs such as Biffa Waste Services Limited to private companies and landowners. Brian's team is currently advising on 8 major waste to energy projects across the country.
Brian advises developers on site assembly, estate planning and strategy, and construction, through to sale. His experience includes advising a developer on the development of 80 acres of land - a mixed use scheme (value in excess of £200 million).
Brian joined Ashfords in 1995 and became a Partner in 1997. He spent 8 years on the Board of Plymouth Chamber of Commerce - including four years as vice chairman. Brian is currently Chair of Mind in Exeter and East Devon.
- Developer: Advising a developer client on their major development of 80 acres of land - a mixed use scheme with a development value of more than £200 million.
- London Development Agency: Advised on the development of the former Royal Arsenal, a major regeneration initiative comprising (when completed) some 5,000 new homes, 5000,000 square feet of retail commercial and industrial space - (over 1,000 permanent jobs already created) and a new crossrail station.
- Elgar Middleton: Advised on 14 major solar farm developments.
- Biffa Waste Services Limited: Advised on the disposal for restoration of a former landfill site.
- Biffa Waste Services Limited: Advising Biffa on numerous and varied land and property transactions including new MRF sites Waste transfer stations, depots and offices.