Brian is a Partner in the Projects Team with extensive experience in a variety of fields including waste, energy and accommodation.
Brian has significant experience in advising clients on sub-contracts, service contracts, EPC contracts, joint venture arrangements, corporate governance and grant funding arrangements. This experience includes both contentious and non-contentious matters.
- AD developer: Advising an AD developer on the acquisition of a distressed AD project, the subsequent restructure of the SPV and assets and ultimate reconfiguration/reconstruction.
- Pension fund: Advising a fund on numerous investments (as lead equity investor) including in respect of the acquisition of a recyclable company and the acquisition and development of biomass projects (including drafting of the necessary project documentation).
- Biomass developer: Advising a developer on the restructuring and second phase of a distressed biomass project.
- Urbaser Limited: Advising Urbaser Limited it its capacity as Operating Contractor on the Essex County Council Waste PFI and further advising Urbaser Limited and Balfour Beatty in their capacity as EPC Contractor on the Gloucestershire County Council Waste PPP.
- Viridor Waste Management Limited: Advising Viridor Waste Management Limited (in its capacity as O&M Contractor) on the on-going post-completion contract management activities in relation to the Greater Manchester Waste PFI Project, the largest and most complex waste PFI project which has closed to date.