Beverley is an Associate in the Trusts and Estates Team.
She advises on matters relating to Estate Administration, Wills, Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection including Deputyship Applications.
Beverley has a wide range of experience in advising families and individuals on a number of issues including preparation of their Wills to include Inheritance Tax planning, Estate Administration which includes Deeds of Variation and property issues connected to Probate matters. She aims to ensure that the clients receive clear, helpful advice and support as matters progress.
Beverley has been a qualified solicitor for over 25 years having worked in the Taunton area for that period and is available to meet with clients either in the office or at home if this suits their needs. Her experience enables her to quickly identify the client's needs to achieve their aims and to act with an approachable and straightforward manner. Beverley is also a full member of the Society for Trusts and Estate Practioners ("STEP").
- Life Planning, Wills and Powers of Attorney, Deeds of Variation, Declaration of Trusts and Administration of Estates including Intestacy matters.
- Providing advice to families with property and land which included capacity issues and Inheritance Tax (IHT) and Business Property Relief (BPR) reliefs and Capital Gains Tax (CGT).
- Advising Executors/Trustees on the merits on keeping or disbanding Nil Rate Band Discretionary Trusts, including 'winding up' Trusts.
- Dealing with the transfer of the unused portion of previous spouses Nil Rate Band to achieve a considerable IHT saving.
- Dealing with estate matters concerning property held abroad and needing to obtain necessary Grant and Court Orders when the Will had been lost.
- Preparation of Deed of Variation to achieve IHT saving.
- Advising potential beneficiaries of possible inheritance of estate held by the Bona Vacantia Division of the Treasury Solicitors.