Antony is a Partner in the Commercial Litigation Team.
Antony handles a wide range of commercial dispute resolution matters, including acting for national companies, overseas clients and public sector clients, as well as individuals and owner-managed businesses.
Antony has particular expertise in acting in respect of contract disputes (including contracts with an international element); corporate litigation (including warranty claims and unfair prejudice claims); banking litigation (including disputes re derivatives) and arbitrations (including international arbitration). He advises clients throughout the litigation process and has significant expertise in achieving the settlement of disputes through Alternative Dispute Resolution, especially mediation.
Antony is, and has for a number of years been, recognised for his litigation and dispute resolution skills in the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and the Legal 500.
- Acting for a United Arab Emirates Company in an arbitration against a Bahrain Company in respect of unpaid commission.
- Acting for a Portuguese Bank in a multi-million dollar claim against a US Bank in respect of termination payments under a Swap Agreement.
- Acting for a Primary Care Trust in respect of claims against suppliers.
- Providing evidence on English law to a foreign arbitration tribunal.
- Advising an oil development company regarding contractual issues and disputes regarding the re-location of an Oil Rig.
- Acting for an EU individual defending a multi-million dollar arbitration claim against him brought by an overseas organisation alleging breach of a supply contract.