Andrew is a Partner in the Real Estate Team.
He specialises in development and regeneration projects. Andrew frequently advises both private and public sector clients, dealing with the full range of real estate issues from site assembly, strategy, planning and construction, through to sale. He is renowned for his experience on complex and high value developments nationally.
Andrew worked for 10 years in local government before moving in to the private sector. He is recognised as a leading figure in Real Estate by both the Legal 500 and the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and is well known in the market, specialising in development and regeneration projects. Clients find he "comes up with good clear, innovative solutions to problems."
- Advising Mendip District Council on their strategically important leisure portfolio disposal. Andrew and his team advised on competitive disposal of five leisure centres including procurement, employment and pension issues by way of long leases and a concession contract. The scheme will help to eradicate a substantial funding deficit.
- Advised KDR Limited and the Hawkins Trust on the Forder Valley development site. The work involved site assembly and disposal of a 900 unit site in Plymouth including the provision of a 100 acre Community Park and the removal of Defence Estates overage.
- Acting for CG Fry & Son in relation to a consortium of landowners/promoters and developers promoting a 2000+ dwellings extension to Southern Gillingham.
- Andrew worked for the HCA on funding for major infrastructure work in Cranbrook, the self-sufficient, low carbon new community near Exeter.
- Development documentation with the Duchy of Cornwall for the consortium of developers that are undertaking the 4,000 home development of the Newquay Growth Area.
- Acting for a Regional Development Agency on the redevelopment of a Town Centre. The work involved a regeneration and cooperation agreement with the local authority, a compulsory purchase order to acquire third party interests, a development agreement, state aid advice and a lease structure to capture a share of long-term benefit from the regeneration activities.
- Acting for a local authority on the disposal of an eight-hectare town centre development site using the competitive dialogue process. Long-term development agreement with novel environmental and sustainability requirements. Development value in excess of £300 million.
- Advising on a £250 million town centre redevelopment including the relocation of a bus station and bus depot, with associated road closure orders, and CPO.