Andrew is a Partner in the Commercial Litigation Team.
He specialises in professional negligence claims, disputes concerning commercial contracts (particularly those relating to sales, agency, distribution and franchising) and litigation relating to the sale, purchase and financing of businesses.
An accredited mediator, Andrew is recognised as one of the south-west's leading dispute lawyers, representing a range of clients from owner managed businesses through to national companies and public sector bodies. His work in the franchising world is recognised nationally and he has led a number of group actions by franchisees, as well as acting for a significant number of UK and overseas based franchisors. He regularly has articles published by the British Franchise Association.
Andrew has been recognised as a leading practitioner by both the Legal 500 and the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession for a number of years and is praised for his "commerciality" and ability to find "practical solutions to client's problems".
- Leading group action for 18 franchisees engaged in high street outlets of international franchise.
- Litigation concerning termination of professional services franchise.
- Group action on behalf of franchisees of healthcare franchise.
- Professional negligence actions against solicitors, accountants and surveyors.
- Dispute concerning sums due under UK sole distribution agreement and termination of same.
- Advice to UK distributors on termination of commercial agents appointments.