Andrew is a Partner in the Real Estate Team.
He specialises in investment acquisitions and disposals as well as landlord and tenant matters.
Andrew's clients include commercial investors, developers, occupiers and public sector bodies.
Before joining Ashfords in 2005, Andrew worked for over 20 years at various City of London law firms. He joined the Real Estate Team at Nabarro Nathanson (now Nabarro) in 1982 where he remained until 1996. Andrew then joined Titmuss Sainer Dechert (now Dechert), and in 2000 he moved to Clyde & Co.
- Advising a private property company on the sale of an investment property in Victoria square, Bolton for in excess of £3million, the acquisition of a property with development potential in London E17 for in excess of £2million, the sale to an offshore investor of a freehold investment property in London E2 for in excess of £4.3million, the sale of a single-let investment property in Reading for in excess of £2million and the purchase of 'unique' freehold office building in the heart of Islington, London N1, for in excess of £2.35million.
- Acting for The Courtenay Group of Companies on all issues relating to their portfolio of primarily retail properties across England and Wales. This includes dealing with sales and purchases; lettings (new leases and renewals), management documents (e.g. licences to assign, licences to underlet, deeds of variation, licences for alterations, rent deposit deeds and rent review memoranda).
- Acting for a worldwide generics pharmaceutical company on a strategic expansion at Discovery Park in Sandwich, Kent, a major science and innovation park. The work involved the re-gearing of two existing leases, an agreement for lease and lease of a separate building where significant construction and fit out works were required and arrangements for temporary accommodation to deal with transitional arrangements.
- Advising Pittards Plc (manufactures luxury leather goods for sale to retailers, manufacturers and distributors) on the buy-back of the freehold of its site at Sherborne Road, Dorset for £3.6million. The purchase price was in part secured through funding from Lloyds Bank Plc and the balance through a share placing and open offer which raised a total of £5.5million (the balance to be utilised for future business development).
- Dealing with the property aspects on the sale of Framptons Transport Services Ltd (a specialist in the provision of transport services and UK and European pallet delivery with an annual turnover of around £17 million) to Gregory Distribution (Holdings) Ltd.
- Advising North Yorkshire County Council (NYCC) on the project related property aspects of the North Yorkshire Waste PPP Project; the largest legacy waste PFI Project. NYCC procured a private sector partner to design, build, finance and operate a waste treatment facility; third party funding for the Project was circa £350million.
- Dealing with the acquisition of the Pavilions, Plymouth from the City Council in anticipation of an £83million redevelopment (to include residential and retail development, an hotel, and creating a link between Millbay and the city centre).
- Acting for a SIPP in relation to the lettings and associated management of a prime office building in London EC2.
- Advising the Homes and Communities Agency on the transfer of the common parts (including the flood defences) and the freehold reversions of the long leasehold interests at Osprey Quay, Portland, Dorset (the venue for the sailing events at the 2012 Olympic Games) to include the retention of undeveloped parts of the estate and a mechanism for future maintenance of the estate and service charge arrangements. The advice also extended to funding arrangements to facilitate the purchase.