T: +44 (0)1392 333987
F: +44 (0)1392 336987
Antony is a Partner and heads the Commercial Litigation Department. He joined Ashfords at the beginning of 1993 in the Commercial Litigation department, became an Associate the following year and was made a Partner in 2000.
Antony has acted in reported cases in the Commercial Court, Mercantile Court and Court of Appeal.
Recent work handled includes :
- Acting for a major European Bank in respect of a $20m international banking dispute relating to derivatives;
- Pursuing and defending claims under commercial contracts and engineering contracts;
- Warranty and indemnity claims under Company Sale Agreements;
- Shareholder and director disputes;
- Partnership disputes;
- International product liability claims and jurisdiction disputes;
- Assisting in the negotiation of commercial contracts and corporate support;
Advising on contractual issues relating to an oil development project; and
- Providing evidence to foreign courts and arbitrators on matters of English Law.
"Thoughtful and practical," Lee wins praise as a "cerebral lawyer with his feet on the ground."
Clients comment on his "prompt and proactive" service and tremendous work ethic.
Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession, 2013 Edition
Department head Antony Lee is highly regarded by market sources for his corporate disputes practice.
Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession, 2012 Edition
Sources say he is a "well-known and highly regarded figure in the region."
Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession, 2011 Edition
"He is an extremely good litigator and it inspires confidence to have him on your side"
Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession, 2010 Edition
"Clients particularly commend Antony Lee for his litigation skills, commenting on his proven ability to apply "the necessary amount of aggression to help us arrive at a pleasing conclusion"
Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession, 2009 Edition
"Antony Lee heads up the commercial litigation team and undertakes a broad range of instructions both locally and nationally. He draws praise from clients for his ability to put legal jargon in a practical context and a level of commitment that sees him responding to issues well after the end of the working day."
Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession, 2008 Edition
Antony Lee leads the ˜knowledgeable and responsive team at Ashfords LLP. He delivers 'practical advice given in a clear, jargon-free manner'
legal 500, 2009 Edition