Leisure and Tourism
Ashfords' Leisure and Tourism Team advises on the commercial legal issues that impact on your business. Our lawyers act for a wide and diverse range of leisure and tourism clients including hotels, pubs, restaurants, visitor attractions, travel agents, sports centres and leisure providers.
We pride ourselves on ensuring that we have a detailed understanding not only of your business but the sector in which you operate so as to provide practical and clear advice.
- setting up in business;
- sales and purchases;
- clubs, societies and charities;
- property and planning matters;
- health and safety and insurance claims;
- raising finance;
- licencing, gaming and events;
- commercial trading arrangements (including on-line trading); and
Recent work undertaken includes:
- advising on the purchase of a South West holiday park;
- acting for a company established to take a transfer of leisure services from a local authority, providing advice upon independence and governance and securing its registration as a charity;
- advising a contractor on a mechanical and electrical works contract for the 2012 London Olympics Athletes Village;
- acting for a bank in respect of its security over property at large South West Golf Club;
- advising on the sale of a Devon hotel (the sale of the whole business as a going concern, with transfer of employees, assets and contracts);
- advising on second round investment by South West Ventures Fund and Finance South West into Action Indoor Sports Stadium;
- appearing before local authority licensing sub-committees on contested premises license applications, before the Licensing Justices in the Magistrates' Court in appealed decisions and before the Magistrates' in regulatory matters; and
- advising the insurers of a major South West tourist attraction on personal injury claims.
T: +44 (0)1392 333814
F: +44 (0)1392 336814