Whether you’re a UK firm wanting to do business abroad, or an overseas company wanting to do business or resolve a dispute in the UK, our international team can help.
Our International Team's extensive experience of both contentious and non-contentious international work means that we’ve seen and done it all before.
Our membership of ADVOC, International Referral and a range of other networks means we can draw upon the expertise of firms in more than 100 jurisdictions worldwide, so we’re comfortable working in any jurisdiction around the world. This brings real comfort to our clients who are entering new territories or resolving issues in jurisdictions they are unfamiliar with.
- Advised Schlumberger Oilfield UK PLC on its acquisition of Rock Deformation Research Limited from the University of Leeds, IP Group plc and a number of academics.
- Advised Centrax Limited on its joint venture with Arab Shipbuilding & Repair Yard Company for the worldwide provision of power barges. Value: US$150m.
- Advised Diana Naturals SAS on its share purchase by a global food industry leader of banana products business Confoco SA, with assets in Ecuador and the USA.
- A €12m plus dispute for a Portuguese company in respect of investments made on its behalf by an English bank.
- Obtaining and serving an anti-suit injunction in Tunisia and commencing arbitration proceedings in London for a multinational oil company.
- Advising a company in Bahrain on an arbitration in London relating to commissions allegedly due.
Ashfords set to attend International Mergers and Acquisitions Roundtable
Simon Rous, Corporate Partner at leading UK law firm, Ashfords, will be speaking at a roundtable discussion on international mergers and acquisitions at the 2015 AM&AA Summer Conference.Read more
ADVOC Global M&A Conference 2015
The ADVOC Global M&A Conference on 25 & 26 January 2015 at the Grange St Paul's Hotel in London was a huge success.Read more