Our Social Housing Team provides sound, practical advice to local authorities, housing associations and social landlords. The team has worked within the social housing sector for a number of years, representing some of the biggest social housing landlords in the country. We are familiar with ethos and values and the need to be responsive and proactive.
We advise on Housing Management issues including all aspects of tenant management and wider property related disputes and Social Housing Property and Development issues relating to planning, construction, acquisition and disposal of social housing developments.
We have one of the largest teams of Social Housing specialists in the South West. Our location means we can offer specialist services in an extremely cost-effective way to London-based and nationally operating clients.
- Assisting a client with preparation of new tenancy agreement and supporting policy documentation.
- Advising a London Borough on procedures for redevelopment.
- Acting for a client in contested possession action based on succession following death of tenant.
- Acting for a client in possession claim based on subletting and non-occupation.
- Acting for a client in obtaining a closure order against a family causing significant problems in the neighbourhood.
- Acting for two Housing Associations in the phased acquisition of the affordable housing provision (approximately 500 units).
- Acting for a Housing Association in their acquisition and development of a mixed scheme of affordable and extra care dwellings.
Waiting for legal aid is not...
The Court of Appeal has recently given judgment in a case which all those involved in public sector litigation should...
Disrepair claims: 5 golden rules
Disrepair claims can give RPs a real headache. Even though the changes in funding rules now make pursuing disrepair claims...
Homelessness and the Children Act 2004
Local authority housing teams no doubt breathed a sigh of relief at the end of July when the joint decisions...
The Right to Buy Debate
Despite the fact that 17% of households in England are social housing households (i.e. households where the property...
The Gas Access Campaign
Over recent months the housing press has regularly featured articles about gas safety and the 'Gas access Campaign' that is...